Masala Vegetable Rice
I honestly and sincerely want people to know that cooking is not tough and one can make healthy and simple dishes within a few minutes time, I always loved to work in kitchen since my childhood, I do not know if it is because I am girl. But still i know there are a lot of girls complains about tough of cooking. I prefer you guys will love once you start cooking. Starts with some easy recipes. I have shared many easy recipes that targeted those kind of people. Do not worry, this is one of the recipe from the list!! This is not vegetable pulao or vegetable biryani but just plain masala vegetable rice.
This Masala Vegetable Rice recipe comes handy when you come home tired after a hectic day in the office or college or do not have time to cook or feeling too lazy to cook, yet long for a comforting and simple meal. It is a boon for bachelors as this recipe does not require ginger garlic paste or any elaborate procedures. It is great for lunch, dinner and small get-togethers.
- Biriyani rice – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1 tbspn
- Onion (chopped fine) – 1
- Green chillies- 3
- Chopped ginger – 1 tspn
- Garlic (chopped fine) – 1tspn
- Coriander powder – ½ tspn
- Garam Masala powder- 1/2 tspn
- Carrot (Finely chopped) – 1/4 cup
- Beans (Finely chopped) – 1/4 cup
- Pudina leaf – few
- Salt – to taste
- Water – 2 cups
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker. Add chopped onion, green chillies, ginger, garlic and saute it well.
- Add coriander powder and garam masala powder to it and saute well. When the aroma come out, chopped carrot and beans should be put in.
- Pour required amount of water. When water starts to boil, add washed Rice and pudina/mint leaves to it.
- Add required salt. Stir well and close the cooker. When a whistle blows, remove it from fire. Serve hot.