Neither of us is not ready to compromise our health. So intake of as many vegetable can keep us away from hospitals. Ladies finger/okra/vendakka is a high fibre vegetable recommended by many health specialists. Any dish made with okra/ladies finger/vendakka is an excellent partner for your daily meal/thaali. I got some fresh vendakka/okra in my kitchen so I decided to prepare a thoran which is a traditional Kerala recipe. Vendakka Thoran/okra thoran is a delicious dry side dish you can serve with steamed rice .
- Ladies finger/ Vendakka/ Okra – 15 nos
- Small onion/Shallots – 3-4 no
- Green chilli – 2 nos
- Grated coconut – 1/2 Cup
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tspn
- Curry leaves – 1 spring
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbspn
- Clean and cut ladies finger into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When its splutter add curry leaves, Mix well, Then add ladies finger/ vendakka and mix well. Let it to be cook.
- In the mean time grind grated coconut, small onion and green chilli for some pulses Add this to the ladies finger ,mix well. Add salt to taste.
- Cover and cook for some minutes.