Paneer is the non veg substitute for the veggie favours. As we all know paneer dishes are healthy, paneer tawa masala is one of the easiest and quick paneer recipe to prepare. Paneer tawa masala has the sharp flavourful ingredients which will complete its destination when it meet with the creamy gravy. Paneer tawa masala is a semi gravy with spice powders and tomato and cream and all others. Come try it and fall in love with the paneer masala.
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese) – 250 grams
- Ghee/ Butter – 3-4 tbspn
- Carom seeds/Ajwain – ½ teaspoons
- Chopped onion – 1 cups
- Chopped ginger – 1 tablespoons
- Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Green chillies – 2
- Chilli powder – 1 teaspoons
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Tomatoes pureed – 2
- Kasoori methi – ½ tablespoon
- Garam masala – ¼ tspn
- Fresh Cream – ¼ cup
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Heat ghee/ Butter in a pan, shallow fry the paneer cubes for few minutes. Drain onto absorbent paper and keep it aside.Remove excess ghee from the pan leaving about 2 tablespoons of ghee behind.
- Add ajwain seeds and let crackle. Then add the chopped onion, ginger-garlic paste and slit chillies and saute for 2 minutes. Add salt as desired.
- Then add the chilli powder and coriander powder and stir for a minute. Pour the tomato puree and cook till oil separates. Slowly add paneer and mix well.
- Mix with the fresh cream, salt and kasoori methi, mix everything well. Add garam masala to it , mix well and switch off the flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and fresh cream. Serve with chappathi or naan etc.