Am surprised at times, when I see how much some people love eggs. Eggs are almost everyday affair in my kitchen. At my home only my mom is crazy about eggs, I like egg recipes as they are easy, quick and healthy. For breakfast I usually make bread omelette, egg paratha, egg salad sandwich or sometimes boiled eggs and my favourite rolls. Two layer Egg Sandwich is very simple, quick and easy to make sandwich. Ok, coming to this recipe…this is for all egg lovers. It doesn’t require many ingredients, just a loaf of bread (white, wheat or multigrain anyone will work), few eggs, basic spices and garnishing. I have used vegetables in one layer and egg in other layer.so basically it is a two layered sandwich, my child called it “double ducker” sandwich. This is her all time favourite, I have excluded the chillies from this but you can add chillies if you are serving it to an adult. Instead of I used pepper to spice it up. These Egg sandwich is served best with tomato and coriander chutney or tomato sauce.
- Bread slices
- Egg (beat it and fry in non-stick pan)
- Cabbage (finely chopped) – 1 cup
- Carrot (finely chopped) – 1/4 cup
- Onion minced – 1 tbspn
- Mayonnaise – 2 tbspn or as u wish
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as per your taste
- Mix chopped cabbage and carrots together with mayonnaise, salt, pepper and minced onion.
- Take 3 breads and spread butter on all those sides of bread which faces inwards .
- Layer 1 or 2 tbspn of carrot-cabbage mixture on a buttered bread and cover with another bread. Now place a lettuce leaf and the sliced fried egg on top of that and season with salt and pepper here. Close with another bread facing buttered side down.
- Press slightly and cut it in triangle shape. Serve with tomato ketchup.