Chicken mughlai is a known dish for the northeast foodies. The creamy thick chicken mughlai is best to serve with every type of foods include breads and rice varieties. Mughlai chicken is marinated chicken in creamy cashew paste which is added with other ingredients. Today we are trying to prepare a easy but tasty chicken mughlai in the northeast style. Hope you enjoy it.
- Chicken (cut into medium pieces) – 500gm
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Dry Red chillies – 4 no
- Thick curd – 1/4 to 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
- Sunflower oil – 2-3 tbspn
- Cinnamon Stick – 1/2 to 1 inch piece
- Cardamom pods – 2
- Bay leaves – 1
- cumin seeds – 1/4 tspn
- onion chopped – 1 large
- Cashew nuts/Almonds – 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Egg (Boiled) – 1
- Salt – to taste
- Soak the dry red chillies in ¼ cup of water until soft. Grind Chillies along with ginger and garlic. Add curd, salt and turmeric powder to this and mix well.
- Marinate the Chicken pieces in this curd mixture for about one hour.
- Heat a pressure cooker and add sunflower oil. When hot, add cumin seeds along with cinnamon, bay leaves and cardamom and saute for few seconds. Then add chopped onions and saute until it turn brown.
- Add chicken along with the marinade and saute for about 10-15 minutes.
- Grind Cashews/Almonds along with 1 cups of water and add it to the chicken. When it starts to boil, cover with the lid and place the whistle. Cook in medium flame, switch off the flame after first whistle.
- Garnish with boiled egg slices and coriander leaves and serve hot with chappathi, boiled rice etc. We can also add fried potato pieces while garnishing.