Introducing a variety evening snack /appetiser for your tea times. Cutlets are famous for their amazing flavours with the crispy layer outside juicy filling inside. What about a sweet cutlet? I’am introducing a cutlet made with one of easily available fruit in our market, banana. We all familiar with the non-veg and veg cutlets. So it is a special variety snack filled with smashed sweet banana and coconut slightly fried in ghee. This Sweet Banana Cutlet can be the best snack for your children’s snack break. Try it at home and be a super mom!
- Ripe Plantain/ Nenthra Pazham – 1 large (steamed,cooled and mashed)
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- Maida – ¼ cup
- Ghee – 2 tspn
- Sugar – ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder – ½ tspn
- Bread crumbs – 1 cup
- Oil – for deep frying
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan, add grated coconut into it, mix well, then add sugar, stir until the coconut turns brown colour and crispy.
- Mix mashed banana with coconut-sugar mix and cardamom powder and make a dough.
- Make small balls out of the dough, and shape them into cutlets. Keep aside.
- To prepare the batter, combine maida with enough water.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a deep bottomed pan. When the oil is hot enough, dip the prepared cutlets in batter, roll in bread crumbs, and deep fry.