- Raw Plantain/ Nenthrakkaya- 2
- Turmeric -1 tspn
- Salt – 1 tspn
- Oil to fry
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Peel off the skin of the raw plantain. Soak this in water with a teaspoon of turmeric for about 15 minutes.
- Heat some oil to deep fry.
- Dissolve the salt in water and keep it aside.
- Pat dry the plantain and finely slice them into thin round pieces.You can use vegetable cutter for different shapes.
- Once the oil is smoky hot, slide each of the banana pieces into it. Turn them over to evenly cooked. It is best to slice the bananas directly to boiling oil.
- Once its 75% done (becomes light golden yellow) sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the salt water in to them. You need to be careful while you do this.The oil starts to splash with a loud hissing noise. Once the noise slowly fades, drain out the chips from the oil and let them cool.
- Make sure you keep decreasing the salt water each time while frying next batches of chips as the oil contains salt from the previous time.
- Store them airtight and they will last for a week easily.