How about a luscious and absolutely delectable dessert with mango. Mousse is a light and creamy dessert that has airy texture. Chocolate mousse, strawberry mousse is some popular mousse varieties. Mango mousse dessert is a mousse made with fresh or tinned mango pulp. Eggless mango mousse recipe is a light and creamy dessert you can make in this mango season. I love to prepare various mango recipes during mango season.
This is the non-vegetarian type of mango mousse as I used eggs in it. I used gelatine for the settings and sometimes you can use agar gar also for the setting of the mousse. But vegetarians you can remove the egg portion and enjoy the rest. It taste the same. Do not worry! It’s soft, creamy, foamy, delicious and easy to make. Here this mousse recipe is made with fresh mango pulp. The mango pulp is quite thick and creamy. So the mousse sets beautifully. Mango recipes are very popular In India. During mango season mango lassi, mango juice, mango shakes are often made to beat the heat. This easy mango mousse recipe will be a great addition to your kitty of mango recipes. Here’s how I make my mango mousse.
- Mango puree – 2 cup
- Gelatin – 1 tablespoon
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Whipped cream – 1/2 cup
- Egg white – 3
- In a bowl dissolve gelatin with three tablespoons warm water. Melt it.
- In another bowl combine mango puree with sugar, whisk till sugar melts. Pour the mixture into the gelatin mixture.
- Add the whipped cream to the mango mixture and lightly fold in the cream.
- In a new bowl whisk egg whites till stiff. Add to the mixture and fold well.
- Take a bowl to set the mousse, pour some mango puree gelatine mixture, over that pour the mousse mix.
- Cool the mixture in the refrigerator for about two hours. Demould the mousse and top it with some whipped cream and mango cubes. Serve chilled.