Preparing another delicious Gobi/cauliflower dish but this time it is a main dish, it is Gobi Fried Rice or fried Gobi rice. Cauliflower is a replete source of many vitamins and proteins and it is a suitable way to strengthen our immune system. It is low in fat, high in fibre and has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. I always try to include a vegetable in our family diet meal. Gobi Fried Rice is our favourite dish. It is a mix of fried Gobi in a zesty batter and then combined with flavourful rice. Gobi rice is quite a lengthy procedure too. But I tell you, if you put in your time and energy in preparing this dish, this is an awesome dish. The distinct taste of Gobi Rice will definitely bring you all praises. This is also ideal for lunch box, both kids and elders will love this rice.
- Cauliflower – 1 medium( florets washed & parboiled in salt water)
- Corn Flour – 2 Tbspn
- Maida – 2 Tspn
- Edible Red Food Colour (optional) – 1 pinch
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 Tspn
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 Tspn
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
For Preparing Rice:-
- Cooked and strained BiriyaniRice – 2 cups( with cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and salt)
- Onions (chopped) – 1 Cup
- Ginger-garlic Paste – 1 Tspn
- Green Chillies (chopped) – 1 Tspn
- Tomato (chopped) – 1/2 to 1 Cup
- Red Chilli Powder – 3/4 Tspn
- Pepper Powder – 1/4 Tspn
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 Tspn
- Coriander leaves (chopped) – 2 Tbspn
- Tomato sauce – 2 Tbspn
- Soya sauce – 2 Tspn
- Oil – 2 Tbspn
- Salt as required
- In a bowl mix corn flour, maida, food color, ginger-garlic paste,salt and red chilli powder and add just enough water and make into thick batter.
- Heat oil in a pan dip each florets in the batter and deep fry them and keep it aside.
- In a pan heat oil, add onion and fry until they turned golden brown add ginger and garlic paste , green chillies, tomato . Saute well then add chilli powder, pepper powder, garam masala and salt mix them well.
- Add cooked rice mix them well without breaking the rice. Now add fried cauliflower florets and chopped coriander leaves mix them well and serve hot.