Today I have prepared an easy dish with spring chicken. It is Spring Chicken Full Fry. This whole chicken is not just fried but it is marinated, then half cooked so that marinade is well absorbed in the chicken and then shallow fried. I have added lot of fresh curry leaves while frying the chicken so that the chicken gets its taste too, and it gives the delicious taste to the whole dish. As we all know spring chicken is more healthier than broiler chicken, this Spring Chicken Full Fry is a better option for your dinner and lunch.
- Spring Chicken(full,cleaned) – 300 to 500 gram
- Ginger Crushed – 1/2 Tbspn
- Garlic Crushed -1&1/2 Tbspn
- Kashmiri chilly Powder – 2 Tbspn
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tspn
- Tomato – 1 medium(nicely chopped)
- Lemon juice – 1 tspn
- Garam masala – 1/2 tspn
- Fennel powder – 1 tspn
- Salt to taste
- Curry Leaves – few
- Coconut Oil
- Put crushed ginger and garlic, tomato, Kashmiri chilly Powder, Turmeric Powder, Lemon juice, Garam masala, Fennel powder, salt to taste and 1 tbspn Coconut oil in a bowl, then everything well by using your hand. Check for the salt. The marinade should be thick, so that it gets nicely coated into the slits in the chicken.
- Take the washed and cleaned small sized spring chicken, make some slits all over the chicken, Marinate this chicken with the prepared masala, all over the chicken even on the inside. Rub nicely. Keep it aside for at least 1 hour.
- Take a pressure cooker pour 1/4 cup of water to it, Place the marinated chicken in this cooker, close the lid, cook the chicken for 1 whistle.Switch off the flame.
- Heat Coconut oil in a nonstick pan or kadai, Add curry leaves as much as you want, Place the cooked chicken carefully on it and shallow fry it.
- When the chicken is cooked on one side and colour changes, turn the chicken to the other side cook it until it is fried well. Cook the chicken evenly on all sides. Keep checking the chicken, so that it does not stick to the pan. In-between you can pour little oil as per the requirement. Use tongs and one big spoon to turn the chicken.
- As the chicken is already cooked, it will get fried soon. Remove the chicken from the heat and serve hot with a salad.