Chicken Pasta/ Malabar Style Chicken Pasta
Pasta is my all-time favourite recipe. I love to make pasta in different ways by adding some veggies, eggs, and meats. This is one of my succeeded pasta recipe. Normally pasta is available with cheese, mayonnaise and tomato sauce in restaurants which we Indians won’t like much. Not for all of us, but a few people don’t like much and eat a little bit for the name sake. But if i prepared the pasta in Indian style, especially chicken pasta in Malabar style they will finish it in minutes. So today I’m teaching you how to prepare this chicken pasta in Malabar style. Kids love this pasta if you try different shapes and you an easily give some vegetables to kids.
As you all know pasta is a simple preparation that needs only minutes to make. Start to finish it takes only less than 20 minutes and of course you should have your pasta cooked before. It’s very flavourful and easy to make recipe with great taste and I’m sure this chicken pasta is definitely would suit any Indian taste buds. You can use any pasta variety you like such as fussili(the spiral), rotini, farfelle(bow),macaroni or even spaghetti or other pasta of your choice. I have used the cooked chicken shredded and mixed with a onion-tomatoes based masala pasta and mixed with the pre cooked pasta. I serve this as brunch, dinner and as well for lunch box
- Pasta – 1 cup
- Chicken – 250gram (cut into medium size pieces,preferably boneless)
- Onion (Chopped) – 1
- Ginger-Garlic Paste – 2 tspn
- Green Chilly (Chopped) – 2
- Tomato(Chopped) – 1 big
- Tomato sauce – 1 tbspn
- Coriander leaves(chopped) – 2 tbspn
- Curry leaves – few
- Red chilly Powder – 1&1/2 tspn(divide into two portions)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tspn(divide into two portions)
- Garam Masala – 1 tspn
- Salt to taste
- Cooking Oil
- Marinate the chicken pieces with one portion of red chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the chicken till it turns brown colour.
- Meanwhile Cook pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain well and keep aside.
- Drain the fried chicken pieces from the oil and keep aside.Shred it into very small pieces.
- Add the finely chopped onion, green chilly, curry leaves, ginger garlic paste and saute till it turns brown. Add the chopped tomato and the remaining portions of all the powders. Saute till the raw smell goes.
- Now add the tomato sauce,cooked chicken and stir to combine whole together. Add 2 tbspn of water , cover the pan and cook in medium flame till the chicken pieces become soft.
- Mix the cooked pasta in the chicken masala. Keep the pan in medium flame for 2-3 minutes.The cooked pasta should be well coated with the chicken masala. Switch off the flame. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.