This is one of my favourite beef preparations. I like beef in any form, but this one has an edge over other beef dishes 🙂 Last Sunday one of my cousin added couples gave us a visit at home and I was really worried on what to give them for their first visit. With my Husband, I decided to prepare the my mom’s special beef roast (Malabar style beef roast). We quickly arranged all other dishes and started preparing the beef roast for them. The couples enjoyed all our dishes and especially the beef roast.
This Beef Roast has some amazing flavours where red-meat is pressure cooked and sauted with spices and herbs. Enough of praising my food, you will get bored. Try this recipe and I am sure you will also love it, Nadan Beef Masala or Beef Roast. You can prepare Beef with a nice thick, masala gravy known as Beef Masala, which can be served with Rice or Rotis.
- Beef – 500 gm
- Chilly powder – 1&1/2 + 1/2 tbspn
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
- Onion – 3 (medium)
- Tomato – 1 (medium)
- Green chilly – 2
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1-2 tbspn
- Curry leaves – few
- Tomato sauce – 1-2 tbspn(optional)
- Coriander leaves(chopped) – 2tbspn
- Salt to taste
- Oil(coconut oil) – 3 – 4 tbspn
- Cut the beef into small pieces and wash it well using water. Pressure cook the beef pieces with turmeric powder, chilly powder(1&1/2 tbspn) and required salt with enough water(1/2 to 3/4 cup).
- Heat oil in a pan, Add chopped onion and curry leaves and saute it until onion turns light golden colour. Add chopped green chilly and ginger-garlic paste, saute well until its aroma changes.
- Then add chopped tomato to it and saute well. Add tomato sauce and 1/2 tbspn chilly powder to it and saute for a minute.
- Add the cooked beef to the pan and mix it well. If needed add some more coconut oil/ oil.
- Cover with lid and keep it in medium flame for 20 minutes. You can saute it in between. Before switching off the flame , mix it with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with steamed rice, pathiri, appam