Here is the recipe of healthy version of ada, It is a wheat ada. You can send this Gothambu Ada/ Wheat ada for your kid’s snack box. You can make it two ways, by steaming or roasting on a tawa. I prefer the steamed version, Both versions are healthy.
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Shredded coconut – 1/2 cup
- Grated jaggery( or sugar) – 3/4 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tspn
- Salt as required
- Add little salt in boiling water water, mix wheat flour and this hot water to form a smooth dough. This needs a sticky consistency.
- Mix together the jaggery, coconut and Cardamom powder. Keep it aside.
- Divide the dough into small portions and press each portion into a circle.
- Add some filling to middle of each dough circle. Fold it in half and close the sides of the dough, so that the filling is completely covered. You can use fork to press the sides.
- Steam the ada for about 15-20 minutes and let it cool down for few minutes.