- Raw Rice/ Dosa Rice – 1 cup
- Rice flakes/ Aval – 1/2 cup
- Urad Dal – 1/4 cup
- Fenugreek / methi seeds – 1 tspn
- Salt – as required
- Wash and Soak rice, urad dal and fenugreek seeds together for minimum four hours.
- One hour before grinding soak rice flakes/ aval with enough water.
- Grind well all the ingredients together without adding salt into a dosa consistency batter.
- Pour the batter into a large container, close the lid and rest it minimum for 7 – 8 hours in a warm place for fermentation. It is better to keep it overnight.
- You should see the batter fully fermented on the next day and dosa batter should rise in its level. mix the batter gently and now add salt to the batter and mix well.
- heat the dosa pan, pour a ladleful of the batter on tava and spread it in a circular motion thick circle. Don’t make it too thin. Put some oil or ghee over it and along the edges. You can also sprinkle little chopped onions and coriander leaves also.
- Cover it with a lid. Flip the dosa on the other side to cook. Once done, flip it back again and serve immediately.
- You can serve this spongy set dosa along with any chutneys as your like.