Thenga Aracha Chicken Curry/ Chicken Curry in Coconut Paste
- Chicken Pieces – 1 kg
- Sliced Onion – 2 nos
- Tomato – 1 big
- Garlic (chopped) – 2 ½ tbspn
- Ginger (chopped) – 2 ½ tbspn
- Green Chilly – 4 nos
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Red Chilly Powder – 3 tbspn
- Coriander Powder – 3 tbspn
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – ½ tspn
- Coconut Oil – 3 tbspn
- Salt – to taste
- Curry leaves – a few
- Grind coconut into fine paste.
- Heat Oil in a Pan. Add onions, green chillies and saute well, till they turn transparent.
- Add the chopped ginger and garlic in to it and saute for sometime. Add chopped tomato and saute well.
- Add turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder and Saute till raw smell goes completely.
- Add Chicken pieces to it and saute it for 2 minutes.
- Add Coconut paste, salt and water(as required),mix well and allow to Cook.
- When Chicken is cooked fully add garam masala and allow to boil, let it boil for 5 minute. Turn off the stove and add Curry leaves.