Spicy Chicken Curry
- Chicken -½ kg(washed and cut into medium sized pieces)
- Curd – 3 tbspn
- Red chilli powder -1 tspn (adjust as per your taste)
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tspn
- salt to taste
- Cashewnuts – 6-7
- Milk – 4-5 tbspn
- Cinnamon – 1” piece
- Curry leaves – few
- Cloves – 3
- Oil – 3-4 tbspn
- Onions finely chopped – 2 big
- Tomato finely chopped – 1 large
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tspn
- Criander powder – 1 tspn
- Black pepper powder – 3/4 tspn (adjust as per your taste)
- Cumin powder – ¼ tspn
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Marinate chicken pieces in chilli powder, turmeric powder, curd and salt and keep it for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken pieces are marinating, make a paste of cashew nuts and milk. Keep aside.
- Dry roast cinnamon, cloves and curry leaves for 1 minute and make a powder of them. Keep aside.
- Heat 1&1/2 tbspns of oil in a cooking vessel. Add the onions and saute till transparent. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute further for another 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder, pepper powder and combine well and fry for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Combine well and cook till oil separates.Turn off heat. Cool and grind the cooked masala. Keep aside this masala paste.
- Heat 1&1/2 tbspns oil in a cooking vessel and add the marinated chicken and cook on high flame for 4-5 minutes, reduce heat and cook covered for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add the ground masala paste, cashew nut paste and ground powder of cinnamon, cloves and curry leaves and combine well. (Add a cup of water for more gravy consistency). Cook till chicken pieces are soft and you get the desired curry consistency. Adjust salt.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.Recipe Courtesy: Sailus Kitchen