Neymeen Fry/ Special Seer Fish Fry
Seafoods are favourite to everyone as I know especially for the keralites. So I thought of preparing some special seafood dish. Neymeen /seer fish are the king of seafood. We all do regular fried fish for our meal. I also have tried many kind of fish fries but I found this one is more surprising among them. It is a special fish fry, ‘special Neymeen Fry/seer fish fry’ can be served with any of your main course meal. It contains paste of green chilli, ginger, garlic, shallots, as it feels it gave a special flavour to the fish and it is topped with a semi-gravy masala contains onions and tomatoes on top of it while serving. I am sure that this Neymeen Fry makes a great side dish for a meal.
- Neymeen/ Seer Fish – 1 big piece
- Green chilly – 2
- Ginger – 1 small piece
- Garlic – 6-8 cloves
- Shallots – 1/4 cup
- Onion – 1 medium
- Tomato – 1 small
- Tamarind pulp – 1 Tspn
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 Tspn
- Chilly powder – 1-2 Tspn
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil
- Grind green chilly, ginger, garlic, shallots together to make a paste.
- Heat oil in a manchatty/ claypot , add chopped onion to it and sauté well, add prepared paste to it and sauté well.
- Add nicely chopped tomato to it and cook well. Add turmeric powder, chilly powder and required salt to it. If it is too dry, then you can add little water.
- Place the cleaned fish piece on the masala, brush the tamarind pulp on the fish piece. Close the lid and cook for some minutes. After some time flip over the fish and cook the other side also for some minutes.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Put the cooked fish to it and fry the both sides.
- While serving the fried fish, place some cooked masala on the fish.
- Serve hot with steamed rice, appam etc.