- Flattened Rice/ Aval (Thick variety) – 2 cups
- Oil – 2 tspn
- Mustard seeds – 1 pinch
- Onion – 1/2 cup
- Green Chillies – 3-4
- Cashew nuts – 1tbspn
- Kismis – 1 tbspn
- Potato – 1 medium (chopped finely)
- Salt – to taste
- Cilantro – 2 tbspn
- Take flattened rice in a strainer and run it through cold water for a few minutes until all flattened rice is getting moist. Then let it rest for 10-15 minutes.(Don’t soak flattened rice in water)
- In a pan, Heat oil, add mustard seeds. As it splutters, add onions, green chillies and saute till light brown.
- When the onions turn light brown, add potatoes and a pinch of salt and saute till the potatoes are done.
- Once the potatoes are done, add the flattened rice and mix well and adjust salt and mix really well.
- Switch off flame, Garnish with finely chopped cilantro/ coriander leaves, fried onions, cashew and kismis.