I am adding the recipe of an authentic peshawari chicken as i am getting requests for authentic chicken dishes. It is a easy peshawari chicken recipe. Peshawari chicken can be made in different varieties in different areas. Peshawari chicken can be made as dry and gravy. It is a semi gravy recipe. Peshawar is a tasty spot in Pakistan, as the name suggests it is a collision of spices and other ingredients to the chicken. The whole dish has some magnificent flavours because of the spices mainly the garam masala. Initially the chicken pieces are fried until 3/4th done and it is combined with the other ingredients like sauted onion, ginger and garlic and tomatoes. The mode of preparation is different in many areas. Authentic peshawari chicken has kabab varieties and gravy varieties. Do try it at home and enjoy your meal time.
- Chicken – 500 gram (Cut into small pieces)
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 1tbspn full
- Garam masala – 1tspn
- Pepper powders – 1+1/2 tspn
- Salt to taste
- Onion – 1 big (cut into slices)
- Tomato – 1 medium (cut into small pieces)
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tspn
- Green Chilly – 2 (cut into two)
- Coriander Leaves
- Lemon – half piece
- Marinate the chicken pieces with salt. To a hot pan pour some oil then fry the chicken pieces until 3/4th done and remove it from oil. Keep it aside.
- Saute onion, ginger and garlic in the same oil. Sprinkle some salt and saute it until golden.
- Add chilli powder, pepper powder, green chillies and coriander leaves. Saute it for few seconds. Then add fried chicken pieces. Mix well with the onion masala.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Cook on low flame until the tomatoes get mashed. Then squeeze some lemon juice.
- Finally add garam masala. If necessary add very little water, Cook on low flame until it turns to a dry fry consistency. Add some pepper powder only if necessary. Mix well and Cook on very low flame for 5 more minutes.
- Simple and tasty Peshawari chicken is ready. Serve hot and enjoy.