Neer Dosa / Malabar Style Appam
Neer dosa/ Malabar Style Appam is an easy but tasty breakfast famous in malabar areas in the name malabar appam and known as neer dosa in Karnataka/ Tamilnadu areas. whatever the name , i can assure one thing that neer dosa/ malabar style appam is a tasty breakfast apart from our normal breakfast items. It is a very simple procedure using the commonly available pachari/dosa rice ,soaked and mixed with shredded coconut. You can enjoy the amazing flavour of rice and the goodness of coconut when you take a grab on it. we can serve neer dosa with any side gravies.
- Raw Rice/Dosa Rice/Pachari – 2 cups
- Shredded Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Oil – to grease the pan
- Soak the raw rice/Pachari in water for a minimum of 4 hour (It is better to soak the rice at overnight and grind in the morning). The batter can be used soon after grinding as no fermentation is required.
- Grind it along with shredded coconut to get a smooth batter. Add salt and more water to make it to a watery consistency. It should be much thinner than the regular dosa batter.
- Heat a tawa and grease with oil. Pour a ladle of batter and swirl the tawa immediately so that the batter forms a uniform thin layer on the tawa. Cover with the lid. After few minutes check the dosa. When the dosa is cooked, transfer to a plate.
- Batter for Neer dosa can also made easily by just mix roasted rice flour, shredded coconut, salt with enough water .