- Sardine/ mathi – 7 nos
- Ginger – 2 inch size
- Garlic – 6-8 cloves
- Green chilly – 5
- Curry leaves – a little
- Tomato – 1 medium
- Tamarind – 1 small lemon size
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tbspn
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tbspn
- Coriander powder – 1 1/2 tbspn
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil – 1 tbspn
- Clean the fish and make shallow cut marks on both sides.
- Soak tamarind in water for few minutes.
- Put all the ingredients along with tamarind paste in a cooking pot / Manchatty. Mix all the ingredients well with hand or you can also grind (for some pulses only).
- Place the slitted fish on the masala in the manchatty. Close the lid and Cook it in the low/medium flame.
- If the curry becomes watery, keep the lid open and cook until the gravy becomes thick consistency. Turn the flame off. Finally pour coconut oil and curry leaves. close the lid for some time.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.