An all-time Indian classic, dosa is pervasive in India. Just a bite of those thin, wafer-like crepes loaded with flavourful masalas transports you to heaven. Did you know that the ‘dosa’ is listed on the World’s 50 most Delicious Foods? It also comes under the list of top ten Tasty Foods of the world. The beauty about a dosa is that it is such a versatile dish. You can change the contents, the condiments as well as the base flour from which it is made. I have shared some of the dosa varieties earlier and today i have come up with a non-vegetarian version of the stuffed chicken dosa which is so tasty, easy to make and absolutely juicy filling.
This Chicken Dosa is a complete variety dosa filled topped with chicken and some mixed veggies. The basement is the normal dosa batter but the topping is marvellous one with the goodness of cooked chicken and veggies. You could make this Chicken Dosa for weekends and also for kids on other days too. A simple and delicious dosa. Try these and you will most definitely join the Dosa Fan Club.
- Dosa batter
- Chicken-cut into small pieces – 250 grm
- 1 big onion slices
- 5 green chillies chopped
- garam masala – ½ tspn
- ½ tspn pepper powder
- ½ tspn turmeric powder
- few curry leaves
- 1/4 cup mint and coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Carrot (nicely chopped) – ½ cup
- Cauliflower(nicely chopped) – ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Cook chicken pieces with salt,turmeric powder and pepper with enough water.
- Once it cook well, remove the bones and shred the chicken pieces.
- In a deep pan, heat oil. Add sliced onions, chopped chillies and ginger garlic paste. Saute till onions are translucent. Now add curry leaves and chopped mint and coriander leaves.
- Add nicely chopped carrots and cauliflower to it. Mix everything well and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Add garam masala and turmeric powder. Mix it and let it cool till oil separates.
- Now add the cooked and shredded chicken and mix everything well. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes. The chicken topping is ready.
- Heat a tawa and grease it with little oil. Add a small ladle of batter and allow it to settle on its own. Do not spread the batter.
- Pour little ghee or oil. When small bubbles starts to come, add the toppings. keep the flame in medium and allow the dosa to cook.
- Gently turn the dosa to other side and drizzle little ghee or oil and cook the dosa on other side in low flame.
- Remove the chicken dosa from flame and serve hot.