Gobi manjurian is a famous Indian-Chinese collaborated vegetarian dish available in every restaurant menu. Gobi or cauliflower is always favourite for vegetarians all the time. Indian Chinese cuisine is the adaptation of Chinese seasoning and cooking techniques to suite Indian tastes. This snack is one of the most favourite dishes to many kids and elders too. Manchurian is the tangy sauce flavoured with Indian and Chinese spices and sauces.
There are two varieties of Manchurian one is the fried version and the other one is the gravy based Manchurian. Fried Manchurian is the best snack and the gravy one is the great side dish for any Indian main course. This preparation of Gobi Manjurian appreciated by both veggies and non-veggies. I have fried the cauliflower initially and it mixed with the spicy and tangy Chinese version of the sauce and cooked together. Give a shot if you have cauliflower in your kitchen and fall in love with it.
- Cauliflower florets – 1 ½ cups
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tspn
- Salt & Chilli powder to taste
- Oil for deep frying
For the batter:-
- Maida – ¼ cup
- Cornflour – ¼ cup
- Salt and chilli powder to taste
- Oil -1 tbspn
- Garlic -1 tbspn
- Ginger – 1 tbspn
- Onion – 1
- Chilli powder – ½ tspn
- Spring onion – 2 tbspn
- Tomato sauce – 2 tbspn
- Soysauce – ½ to 1 tbspn
- Capsicum – ½ cup
- Cornflour – ½ tbspn
- Water – 1 cup
- Cut cauliflower into florets and put them in boiling salt water for 30 minutes. Drain the water and pat it dry with a kitchen towel.
- Marinate the cauliflower with ginger-garlic paste, little salt and chilli powder . Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Finely chop onion, chilli, garlic, ginger and spring onion.
- Mix maida, cornflour, salt and chilli powder with little water to make a batter. The batter should coat the cauliflower .
- Dip the Gobi florets in the batter completely and deep fry them until golden brown. Drain the oil and spread them on a paper towel.
- Heat oil, fry garlic, followed by chilli, ginger and onions in high heat. Add spring onion, capsicum, tomato sauce, soya sauce and need salt.Then add the fried gobi and mix well.
- Mix 1 tbsp of cornflour in 1 cup of water without lumps. Now add this to the above and cook till you get desired consistency .