Every February 14, across and around the world, we all celebrate valentine’s day in our own way. Candy, flowers and gifts are exchanged between loved ones, all in the name of St. Valentine. But who is this mysterious saint, and where did these traditions come from? Wait wait. Am I getting too deep to history? This is not the history class right! But there is something I am getting into today. Today’s recipe is a special recipe according to me. This is a special valentines cake. This Orange Cake has been made for my husband on our first valentine’s day together after our marriage. This was a surprise gift for him and I guess he got surprised too.
This is completely my personal recipe with the main ingredient is orange cake topped and frosted with whipped cream. I have used chocolate topping whipped cream as he loves chocolate. The layered cake is filled with sweetness and tangy flavour of orange and I have added a pinch of pink colour just for a colour only. If you are not willing to add colour you can avoid and have it the natural colour. This is the best way to express your love to him. Come on ladies grab your time and try this Orange cake at home and lets do some magical turnings in this valentine’s day!
- All purpose flour – 1cup
- Butter – 100 gram
- egg – 2
- baking powder – 1tspn
- baking soda – 1/2 tspn
- Orange juice – 2-3 tbspn
- Edible pink colour – 1 tspn
- Whipping powder – 50 gram
- Cold water – 50 ml
- Cocoa powder – 2 tspn
- Icing Sugar
- Vanilla Essence
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda together for two times and keep it aside.
- Beat sugar and butter together. Add the egg one at a time and continue beating. Then add Orange juice. Finally slowly fold in the flour mixture.
- Remove the mix into a greased cake tin(I used a heart shaped cake tin here). Bake the cake.
- Place your mixing bowl and wire whisk in the freezer for about 15-30 minutes. Beat Whipping powder and cold water in low speed for 1 minute. Reserve 1/4 of it to make chocolate whipped cream. Beat the remaining in high speed for 3 minutes.
Chocolate Whipped Cream:-
- Place the vanilla extract, icing sugar and cocoa powder in the cold bowl. Stir in about 1 tablespoons of the cream to form a thick paste (this will dissolve the cocoa powder). Then add the rest of the cream and beat just until stiff peaks form.
Setting of Cake:-
- Cover the top and side portions of cake with unflavoured Whipped cream.
- Decorate the top of cake with Chocolate whipped cream by using piping bag according to your wish.
- You can also use strawberry jelly and chocolate sauce for cake decoration.