How is the climate at you place? My place is having very uncertain climate these days. In the morning it will be pouring like anything and in the afternoon shiny sun will make you sweat. In this kind of climate it’s very difficult to find out exact food as in rainy season you would gulp on pakora, chats, hot beverages, cakes etc. but on sunny and humid day you would like to have something light, chilled and healthy. But when in one day you face so many climates then you have to decide what you really want to cook and eat. So yesterday i made this Biscuit Choco Custard Pudding which can be eaten in any season any climate and you will be very surprised with the salty and sweet taste with the slight hint of coffee.
This is a layer pudding made with mainly the leftover biscuits in my shelf and I have added the flavours of chocolate by adding cocoa powder and homemade custard with a pinch of taste of coffee. This Biscuit Choco Custard Pudding is a special dessert I have been making for a very long time. Still it is my and my family’s favourite pudding. It’s very easy to serve and eat. Try it guys your kids will love and even you will find it so tempting that you can’t resist yourself to have few bites.
- Vanilla Custard powder – 2 tbspn
- Cocoa powder – 2 tbspn
- Milk – 1 ½ cup
- Sugar – ¼ cup
- Biscuit – 2 packets or as required
- Instant coffee powder – 2 tbspn
- Hot water – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3 tbspn
- Whipping powder – 50 grm
- Cold water – 90 ml
- Mix the vanilla custard powder and cocoa powder with a little milk and make a paste.
- Boil the milk, when it bubbles up add the chocolate custard paste to the milk, don’t forget to lower the flame, then add sugar, stir and continue boiling until the custard thickens to desired consistency(thick consistency). Switch off the flame and allow to cool down.
- Prepare a coffee decoction by combining the instant coffee powder and sugar with hot water.
- Take each biscuit and dip it fully in the coffee decoction and place it in the pudding dish.
- Then pour some spoonfulls of the choco custard to cover it. Continue by layering again with biscuits and choco custard.
- Prepare whipping cream by beating together the whipping powder and cold water in a chilled bowl by using egg beater in full speed until smooth and soft peaks form.
- Garnish the pudding with this whipping cream as your wish. Refrigerate for 2-3 hrs before serving and serve chilled.