Chicken Stew/ Malabar Special Chicken Stew
- Chicken pieces – 500 gram
- Potatoes- 1 cup
- Onions sliced- 1 /2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 3 tspn
- Green chilly – 2
- Cinnamon – 2- 3 pieces
- Cardamom – 3
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tspn
- Bay leaf – 1
- Pepper crushed – 1&1 /2 tspn
- Thick coconut milk – 1 cup
- Curry leaves and Coriander leaves – few
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil – 3 tspn
- Cut chicken into pieces, peel potatoes and cut it into cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan and drop in the whole spices(cardamom,cinnamon,bay leaf,fennel) and allow it to get roasted.
- Now add chopped garlic and ginger and fry them a bit. Saute onions and green chillies till the onions are slightly fried.
- Now add fennel powder, salt and pepper and the chicken pieces and saute for a few seconds.
- Now add potatoes and water and close the pan with a lid. Cook for 12 – 15 minutes in medium heat till the chicken is cooked.
- Pour in the coconut milk and mix it. When it starts to boil add coriander leaves and switch off the flame. Serve with Pathiri, Appam, Porotta, Chappathi etc.