Chicken and Mayo Sandwich
Being a chicken snack lover and a regular customer for sandwiches and burgers I always wanted to make healthy junk foods at home so that I can maintain my health without compromising the taste. Chicken mayo sandwich is one of the easy snacks for your kids lunch box which can make in less than 10 minutes. I have used chicken and mayonnaise as main ingredient and it is so quickly prepared if the ingredient is ready with you.
The main thing is the presentation of the ingredients in the buns. The other, major thing is the selection of salad in the buns; I have used coleslaw for the filling. I already shared the recipe for the coleslaw. You can search and find the coleslaw I added is the mayonnaise based coleslaw of cabbage and carrots. You can change the salad dressing based on your choice. I always prefer the coleslaw for the filling because it is rich in proteins also. Most of the mayo sandwiches call for boiled and shredded chicken and I sued the shredded chicken because the coleslaw and the chicken is the best combination you can ever imagine. I hope this Chicken Mayo Sandwich will satisfy your meal time.
- Sandwich buns – 5-6
- Boneless chicken breasts – 250 gram
- Mayonnaise – 5-6 tbspn
- Salad dressing of your choice (optional) -1 tbspn (I used coleslaw)
- Olive oil – 1-2 tspn
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Wash and drain the chicken – cut into thin strips and boil with some salt and pepper till the pieces are tender. Remove from fire, allow to cool and shred the pieces. Transfer to a wide bowl.
- Add Mayonnaise, Salad dressing of your choice(I used coleslaw), Olive oil, Freshly ground pepper and Salt to the shredded chicken and mix well using a spoon or a fork.
- Lightly toast the buns if you like and cut each bun horizontally into two. Spread about some prepared mixture on each bun slice. place the other slice over it.
- Serve plain or with tomato ketchup.