Chakka Halwa /Jackfruit Halwa
This is not the first time I am speaking about the nutritional value of jackfruit. Even though those who are not aware about it read it. Jackfruit is a gorgeous fruit (used as a fruit when ripened) and vegetable (used as a vegetable when raw) almost liked by all the people. It looks and tastes very nice whether it is used as a fruit or vegetable. Today I’am going to try Chakka Halwa/Jackfruit Halwa.
Jackfruit is highly beneficial for the health as it is loaded with the multiple health ingredients such as vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, potassium, thiamine, iron, niacin, riboflavin, selenium, zinc, copper, magnesium, fatty acids, protein and etc.it is found that jackfruit can prevent cancer and it boosts immune system functions and helps to prevent from seasonal diseases. I know this is not a pharmaceutical class or something. But you should know it.
We have seen many jackfruit dishes mostly of spicy items. But this is the season of sweets. So I tried a halwa. Once I have tasted a Chakka Halwa/Jackfruit Halwa from an exhibition stall. But this is my recipe which is tried by most of our family members and succeeded in it. This consist just the ripe jackfruit sugar and ghee only. All the ingredients cooked well to a thick consistency of a halwa.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Ripe jackfruit/Chakka – 500 Gram
- Sugar – 250 Gram
- Water – 1 Cup
- Ghee – 40 Gram
- Mince/Grind the jackfruit pieces in a blender.
- Take a thick bottomed pan and heat sugar and water. Add minced jackfruit and stir continuously without taking hand.
- Add ghee when the halwa starts to get thicken. When the mixture can be rolled into a ball, turn the contents into a greased dish. Smoothen the top surface with a spoon.
- When the jackfruit halwa has cooled down, cut into pieces and serve. Store in airtight containers.