Paneer matar is most famous north indian vegetarian dish. It contains paneer and green peas in a onion-tomato gravy enhanced with some spice masala. The creamed gravy give the paneer a wonderful flavour when it dunged in the irresistible tomato gravy. I can sure that it’s a whole package of many amazing flavours. It is one of my favourite partner for my breads like roti /chappathi. It is the most simple and easy way to make paneer dish for vegetarian lovers. The incredible aroma of this dish makes it irresistible for your tastebuds. Foodies, do try this Paneer Matar in your kitchen and give a treat for your taste buds.
- Paneer(cube and saute in a tsp of ghee till lightly browned) – 250 gram
- Fresh green peas – 1 cup
- Onion( finely chopped) – 1 large
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1-2 tspn
- Tomato( finely chopped) – 2
- Red chilli powder – 3/4 tspn
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Coriander powder – 1 1/4 tspn
- Kasuri methi – 1/2 tspn
- Garam masala powder – a pinch
- Fresh cream – 2-4 tspn
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbspn
- Heat oil in a cooking vessel, add the onions and saute, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add ginger-garlic paste, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and combine. Pour little water and saute for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes. Turn off heat and cool. Make a coarse paste.
- Return this paste to the vessel, add a cup of water and bring to a boil. Reduce flame, add the green peas and cook for some minutes. Add the paneer and fresh cream and simmer for 7-8 minutes. Add salt. Simmer for a few more minutes.
- Stir in gravy, garam masala powder and kasuri methi and combine, cook for a minute. Turn off flame.
- Let it sit for a while before serving. The gravy thickens at the time of serving, add a little milk and combine. Serve hot with Chappathi or rotis.