If you like schezwan fried rice I have recently shared here then you will love this Mumbai style tawa pulao prepared from steamed rice (or left over cooked basmati rice), vegetables and pav bhaji masala. It’s like a fusion of pava bhaji and a fried rice into a single dish. It is very easy to prepare and tastes simply irresistible. Follow our step by step recipe and learn how to make this easy vegetarian tawa pulao at home and serve as dinner special dish. Also attention all Bachelors and singles this recipe is specially for all of you guys.
Tawa Pulao is healthy, easy and simple to make. Tawa Pulao is quite often cooked at my place. I can bet there will be not a single person in Mumbai who must have not eaten this dish. For those who don’t know what this dish is??? Let me tell you this dish is sold on Mumbai Streets. In almost all corners, junctions or roads of Mumbai you will find them. Just like Pav Bhaji people have craze to eat all kinds of food in Mumbai. This recipe is instantly cooked with vegetables and tossed with Indian spices. In this chill weather who wouldn’t like to walk down the street corner and taste some hot hot Tawa Pulao. Accompany Tawa Pulao with some raita, papad and you would be reaching heaven of taste.
- Basmati Rice – 2 cups cooked
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tspn
- Onion( finely chopped) – 1 medium
- Ginger-Garlic paste – 1/2 tbspn
- Green Chilli (finely chopped) – 1
- Carrot ( finely chopped) – 1/3 cup
- Potato (finely chopped) – 1/3 cup
- Tomato ( finely chopped) – 1 large
- Beans – 1/3 cup
- Capsicum (chopped) – 1 medium
- Pav bhaji Masala – 1/2 tbspn
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tspn
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tspn
- Coriander Leaves (finely chopped) – few
- Salt – to taste
- Oil / Ghee
- Boil chopped carrot, potato and beans in salted water until tender, approximately 5 minutes. Drain the water and transfer them to a plate.
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadai over medium flame. Add cumin seeds and allow them to crackle. Then add finely chopped onion and sauté until onion turns light brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and green chilli, saute for 1 minute. Then add chopped tomato and cook until it turns soft or until oil starts to separate, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add boiled vegetables , mix and cook for few minutes. Then add pav bhaji masala, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Stir and cook for a minute. Add cooked (steamed) rice.
- Mix gently until all ingredients are well mixed and each rice grain is evenly coated with masala.
- Turn off flame and transfer to serving dish. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with curd or raita.