Soups will help us to avoid the overfilling of food. Studies have repeatedly shown that when diners consume a low-calorie vegetable-based soup before their main meal, they consume up to 20% less calories at a meal. The reason is simple. Basically the bulk of the soup helps to fill us up so we eat less. Making homemade soup is much easier than you think. If you are looking for a healthy soup recipe i have a homemade sweet corn chicken soup recipe here. My favourite healthy sweet corn chicken soup is a combinations of creamy sweet corn, egg and chicken with vegetables cooked in the chicken stock and served with the pepper flavour.
- Chicken – 5 pieces
- Celery – 1 small size
- Onion – 1 medium size
- Carrot – 1 medium size
- Cabbage – 1 small piece
- Pepper powder – for taste
- Ginger – 1 small piece
- Water – 2 litres
- Sweet corn – 1 tin
- Egg – 1 no.
- Corn flour – 7 tbspn
- Water – 100 ml
- Salt – for taste
- Cook Chicken pieces, Celery, Onion, Carrot, Cabbage, Pepper powder, Ginger in 2 litres of water well.
- Remove all the pieces, Remaining liquid is the stock. Take the flesh from the chicken pieces and keep aside.
- Mash the sweet corn with a fork and add to the boiling stock.
- Mix cornflour with 100 ml of water and add to the stock, stirring continuously.
- Beat egg and add it to the stock,stirring continuously.
- Add salt, shredded chicken,mix well, switch off the flame.
- Serve with pepper powder and sauce(optional).