Last time when I visited the supermarket for the monthly shopping I purchased a pack of oats with me. I always thought of having a healthy diet plan using the oats. But believe me it didn’t happen well. We all know oats are the best breakfast or lunch or dinner if you are planning to lose weight or reducing cholesterol. We many have seen many oatmeal recipes have tried many varieties. But in my personal experience I always get bored with the normal oatmeal dishes that I make for breakfast using milk. So have decide to try a variety this time.Thus i reached with this Chicken Oats Soup.
This is a complete healthy soup made with oats and chicken. My mom tried oats soup and gave me the green signal. Just like making porridge, I replaced rice with oats. Since, instant oats cook in a minute it was easy to make. I added chicken, vermicelli (semiya), mixed vegetables (onions and tomatoes) and masalas to the oats, tasted very delicious. You would not believe me until you try it you own. This Chicken Oats Soup is a complete healthy recipe but without compromising on the taste.
- Instant Quaker oats – 3 Tbspn
- Cooked&minced chicken breast – ½ cup
- Tomatoes – 2 medium
- Onion finely chopped – 1 small
- Ghee – 2 tbspn
- Salt and pepper as required
- Cumin powder as required
- Chicken stock cube – 1
- Semiya/ vermicelli – 3 tbspn
- Chopped coriander leaves – few
- Grind the tomatoes.
- Hot ghee in pot/sauce pan, saute onion until it turns golden brown.
- Add ground tomatoes and water and let it to boil. Cook it for 5 minutes.
- Then add chicken stock, minced chicken, semiya, oats and cook well.
- Add required amount of salt, pepper powder, cumin powder and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Serve hot with soya sauce or tomato ketchup if required.