Sharing the best sauce partner for your home made healthy pizzas a Homemade Pizza Sauce. Junk foods are becoming crazier nowadays. Our children are getting addicted to them. But the basic fact is that they use many unhealthy food colours and other preservatives for storage and make it tastier. They are going to make a negative impact on our health later. We cannot change our loved ones but we can make a change in our routine recipes. Try the junk foods at home with our healthy ingredients only.
I have been making pizzas for my husband. Primarily I used the canned sauces for the toppings. But then I got a thought of making my own pizza sauce. So I tried a lot of sauces for pizzas. And sharing the best one with you guys. It is tomato based homemade pizza sauce which is spiced up with other easily available ingredients in the kitchen. Enjoy your family times foodies!
- Olive oil – 2 Tbspn
- Butter – 1 Tbspn
- Chopped onion – 1/2 cup
- Chopped celery – 1/4 cup
- Minced garlic – 1 clove
- Tomato sauce – 1 cup
- Tomato paste – 3/4 cup
- Dried oregano – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar – 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 small bay leaf
- In a nonstick pan, melt butter with oil. Add the onion, celery, garlic and saute until soft and transparent.
- Then add tomato sauce and tomato paste and stir until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and bring to slow simmer. Simmer for few minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf. Homemade Pizza Sauce is ready to use.
Recipe courtesy: Mareena’s Recipe Collection