I’m back with another chicken recipe – because really, is there ever such a thing as too many chicken recipes?! Anyways, we all might have tried the spicy pepper chicken at least once in our outside food time. I have had a lot of varieties of Pepper Chicken with our Kerala paratha many times. So I have decided to make one in my style. Don’t worry it is the typical restaurant style itself but with less struggle. This Easy Pepper Chicken has the taste and aroma that is very different from the other normal chicken curry. All that makes the dish more special is the hot pepper powder combo with the chicken.
The chicken is cooked in the creamy cashew nut paste mix and curd gives the dish more creamy taste and fresh aroma. I’ve made this easy pepper chicken countless times over the past few months, even my kids love it! I hope your family enjoys this dinner as much as we do. You can serve this with any Indian roti even it go well with steamed rice also.
- Chicken – 250gm(cut into small pieces)
- Oil – 1 tbspn
- Onion – 1 small(nicely chopped)
- Pepper powder – 1tbspn
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tspn
- Garam masala powder – ¼ tspn
- Curd – ¼ to ½ cup
- Cashew paste – 2 tbspn
- Cardamom – 2
- Cloves – 2
- Cinnamon – 1 piece
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pan, sauté cardamom, cloves, cinnamon for some seconds.
- Add onion and sauté well. Then add ginger garlic paste and sauté well.
- Add chicken pieces, pepper powder, garam masala and required salt and mix well. Mix with curd and keep closed with a lid. Wait until the chicken is half cooked.You can also add some water if required.
- Add cashew paste and mix well. Cook it for another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from fire, mix it with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chappathi, porotta, rice etc.