If you are in a hurry and you need to make a perfect sidedish, this Easy Chicken Curry is perfect for the situation. It is one of the most easiest curry to make and can be made anywhere, anytime and by anyone.The ingredients can be easily found in everyone’s kitchen. The best flavour of this Chicken Curry can be experienced with Pathiri, Chappathi and Ghee Rice.
When preparing this curry there is no need to saute each ingredient one by one instead of this here we are mixing all ingredients adding one by one to the vessel and cooking by keeping in very low flame. When this Easy Chicken Curry is getting ready you can finish your other works. I got this recipe from my sister in law. Do try this Easy Chicken Curry at home.
- Chicken pieces – 1/2 kg
- Tomato – 1 Big chopped
- Onion – 1 Big thinly sliced
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 Tbspn
- Green Chilly – 1-2
- Coriander Powder – 1 Tspn
- Kashmiri Chilly Powder / Chilly Powder – 3 Tbspn/ 2 Tbspn
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 Tspn
- Salt – as required
- Curry Leaves – 2 springs
- Coriander leaves / Kasoori methi – as per your taste
- Coconut Oil – 2-3 Tbspn
- Place a thick bottom vessel or a nonstick kadai on flame, Pour Coconut oil to it.
- Add Thinly sliced Onion to it, saute for a minute, Add cleaned chicken pieces along with salt, mix it well.
- Then add crushed ginger garlic or Ginger Garlic paste, Tomato, Green Chilly, Curry Leaves and all powders, Mix everything well by adding enough water to cook the chicken, Close with a lid and keep the flame on low.
- Once the chicken cooked well, Add chopped Coriander Leaves or crushed kasoori methi to the curry and mix well.
- You can Adjust the consistency by adding more water and check for the salt.
- If the curry reaches the desired consistency switch off the flame.
- Serve with Pathiri, Chappathi and Ghee Rice etc.