We have seen many varieties of vegetable mezhukkupuratti(stir fry) here. This is my personal best made with broccoli. I don’t know that how many of you includes broccoli as a part of your meal. I am a big fan of broccoli because it helped me so much during my diet times as it is low in calories, at about 31 calories per serving. It’s also a fat-free vegetable. Broccolis are found to have many health benefits over time. This verdant vegetable is a powerhouse of nutrients. It’s reputed to benefit digestion, the cardiovascular system and the immune system, and to have anti-inflammatory and even cancer-preventing properties. Plus, broccoli is low in sodium. This Broccoli Stir Fry is an easy and quick recipe with the fresh broccoli.
It is just a normal mezhukkupuratti with some usual flavours of onions and garlic. It is best when it served in half cooked form. But sometimes people are not pleasant of its half taste. In that crucial stage you can cook it fully. But whichever form is good for your health. So try this Broccoli Stir Fry today itself.
- Broccoli florets – 2 cup
- Small Onion chopped – 2tbspn
- Garlic chopped – 1 tbspn
- Curry leaves – few
- Green Chilly – 2 small
- Pepper Powder – 1/2 tspn
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 to 2 tbspn
- Remove the florets from broccoli, wash and soak in salt water for sometime. Wash with water for 2 to 3 times and drain it.
- Heat oil in a kadai or pan. Add curry leaves and green chillies. Then add finely chopped small onions, garlic cloves. Saute till onion turns transparent. Add the required salt and pepper powder while sauting.
- Now add the broccoli florets and saute well for a minute in medium flame. Sprinkle some water if needed, mix well and cover with a lid and cook in medium flame for 5 minutes. Toss it once or twice in the middle. Make sure nothing is burnt.
- Serve with rice as a side dish.