- Flour – 1/4 cup
- Cornflour -1/4 cup
- Egg white – 1
- Pepper pwdr -1/4 tspn
- Soy sauce- 1/2 + 2 tspn
- Garlic paste -1 1/2 tspn
- Ginger paste – 1 1/2 tspn
- Kashmiri chilly pwdr -2 tbspn
- Tomato sauce – 2 tbspn
- Dry Red Chilly flakes – 2 tspn
- Boneless Chicken Strips – 300 gram (thin long)
- Cashew nuts chopped – 2 tbspn
- Celery chopped – 1 tbspn
- Onion(thinly sliced) – 1
- Capsicum sliced – 1
- Spring onion – 2 tbspn
- Refined Oil – 3 tbspn
- Salt,a pinch of sugar (Optional)
- Make a thick batter of flour, cornflour,egg white, pepper powder, 1/2 tsp soy sauce,salt and a little water. Marinate the chicken pieces and keep aside for 2-3 hrs.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and shallow fry the marinated chicken pieces till golden brown. Keep aside.
- In the same oil, fry cashewnuts till golden brown and keep aside.
- Add ginger garlic paste into this oil, saute until the raw smell leaves.
- In a bowl, mix kashmiri chilly powder, remaining soya sauce and tomato sauce. Add this into the pan and saute on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Add red chilly flakes and saute for a minute. Add onion, capsicum and celery , saute for a while. Now add the chicken pieces , cover and cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Serve hot as starter or as a side dish.
Recipe Courtesy: Meera’s Kitchen