Tender Coconut Pudding, an authentic Kerala dessert. Tender coconut water has several benefits over health. In fact it is an instant energiser. In summer, people in the tropical region depend on tender coconut water to beat the heat and to quench their thirst. Most of the time after drinking the water, tender coconut is scooped out of the shell and eaten which has a sweet refreshing taste. You could also puree the tender coconut along with the coconut water which tastes really prodigious.
I am sure if I had known about this Tender Coconut Pudding then I would have definitely tried making it with plentiful tender coconut available. Apart from these, making pudding out of the tender coconut is also quite common. Hands down, this is my favourite pudding even though I frequently make other puddings. Water from the coconut is used to melt agar-agar or china grass and the tender coconut is pureed and added to the milk and condensed milk mixture. The tender coconut gives the pudding a remarkable taste and a delicate constituency. For me it is even more, it’s a bowl of sweetness that sends me back in time, straight to my mom’s kitchen.
- Tender Coconut – 2
- China grass -10 gram
- Coconut water
- Milk/ coconut milk -1/2cup
- Sugar – 2tbspn(or as needed)
- Remove coconut flesh from 2 coconuts. In a small jar finely blend the coconut flesh(1 portion of 2 ) by adding little amount of coconut water.
- Soak chinagrass in water for some time. Take half portion. melt it on low flame. When done pour this mix and sugar to the hot milk or coconut milk, stir well and keep aside.
- Mix china grass-milk solution , coconut paste and stir well.
- Transfer this to the serving dish and keep it in room temperature for minimum 30 minutes.
- Then transfer this to the fridge and keep it for 1 to 2 hours or until it sets.
- If you want this to ready soon keep the mix in the freezer for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Melt the remaining portion of china grass. Mix remaining portion of tender coconut flesh(chop into very small pieces) to it.
- Mix it with remaining coconut water. Add sugar if more needed.
- Pour this mixture over the bottom layer(only after it sets).
- Then transfer this to the fridge and keep for 1 to 2 hours or untill it sets.
It’s one the best pudding recipe specially made for the Homely Kitchen users to try and share with your relatives and friends. Milk and coconut are the major ingredients and this pudding is very healthy too. Speciality is, it is less time consuming and it is something different kind of homely recipe for your friends and family .So, if you like coconut, you will not be disappointed with this Tender Coconut pudding. Give it a shot! Enjoy. Once you taste this pudding, you’ll embrace the taste forever.