Here is a simple but so much tasty cake recipe for your lousy evenings. Tharipola/ Semolina cake is a simple cake made with one of easily available ingredient in most of the kitchens, semolina that means ‘rava’ . It is a quick malabar dish that i have tried bunch of times. It is known as tharipola in many areas. You can call it whatever you want. The main speciality of this cake is that you do not need a oven or cake heater for cooking. It is cooked in a normal pan. Initially the dry fried semolina/rave is mixed with dome other ingredients to make a batter and it poured into a pan and cooking in a low flame. Still if you are wondering about it, why don’t you give a try to experience yourself for this amusing easy cake.
- Semolina or Rava – 1/2 cup
- Egg – 3 nos
- Sugar – 4 tbspn
- Cardamom powder – 1 tspn
- Ghee – 3 tspn
- Cashew nuts – 5 nos
- Raisins – 5 nos
- In a pan dry roast the semolina for 4 minutes on low flame and keep it aside.
- Beat egg, sugar and cardamom powder until it is fluffy.
- Carefully add fried semolina and 2 tsp of ghee to the egg mixture and mix it well.
- Heat a deep bottomed non stick pan and add 1 tsp ghee,pour the mixture into the pan and close the lid. Cook on low flame.
- After few seconds open the lid and add cashew nuts and raisins and close the lid. Keep the pan in low flame for about 15 minutes or till an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Tasty Tharipola / Semolina Cake / Thari Kums is ready.