Most of us are not aware about the one of the best snack, dumplings famous in south Asian states like Nepal,Tibet,Bhutan etc. Momos are one kind of dumpling prepared in steam with the non-veg or veg fillings. Dumplings are easy to make and also healthy as it is prepared in steam. Here I am introducing a steamed chicken momos. The filling contains minced chicken mixed with many other ingredients which enhance the flavours. You can serve this chicken momos with any sauce, still I have served it with a garlic and red chilly hot sauce. But you can serve it with any kind of sauce according to your preference.
For the dough :-
- Maida – 1 & 1/2 Cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 1 & 1/2 tbspn
- Salt – As per the taste
For the stuffing :-
- Minced chicken – 250 gm
- Chopped Onion – 2 medium
- Minced Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Chopped Garlic – 7-8 cloves
- Coriander leaves(chopped) – 3 tbspn
- Chopped green chilly – 2
- Soya sauce – 1 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough to make a soft dough, keep covered for half an hour. The consistency should be that of roti dough.
- Mix all the ingredients for stuffing in a bowl and mix well.
- Make small pooris from the dough but it should be thin.
- Stuff the pooris with the chicken stuffing ( shape them as your like ) and steam it for abt 10min.
- Serve hot with Garlic and red chillies hot sauce.