Evening snacks are always difficult decision for every mother. Introducing an amazing apettizer/ snack for your lovely evenings. It is a paneer dish so that vegetarian will love it but no offence as a non vegetarian i fell in love with this ball shaped snack. Paneer Golly Baje is a deep fried snack where paneer and some other ingredients such as chopped ginger, chilly and yogurt ,mixed and moulded into a shape of a ball and fried to make a crispy but juicy snack. Bread crumbs paneer and some spices added to boost up the flavour. You will find it more amusing when you grab a bite on the filled cashew. Paneer Golly Baje is surely a favourite to children for their lousy snack time. Do try it at home.
- Paneer (crumbled/grated) – 1 cup
- Bread slices (crumbled) – 3 cup
- Curd/ yoghurt – 1-2 tbspn
- Green chilly(nicely chopped) – 3 tspn
- Ginger (nicely chopped) – 1 ½ tspn
- Curry leaves(nicely chopped) – 2-3 tspn
- Coriander leaves(nicely chopped) – 2 tspn
- Cashew nuts(whole)
- Oil – as needed
- Salt – to taste
- Take a large bowl and put crumbled paneer, bread crumbs and curd/ yoghurt, mix well.
- Add nicely chopped ginger, green chilly, curry leves, coriander leaves and salt mix well with your hand and make a dough.
- Make small balls from the dough.
- Insert a cashew nut into the ball and press the ball with your both hands inorder to make the balls perfect, without any cracks.
- Deep fry the the balls in hot oil.