Kaiveeshal appam is a iftar special apettizer /snack served mainly during ramadan times. It is a typical malabar muslim dish made with few ingredients but skills matters here. As the name denotes ’kaiveeshal’ ,we uses our hand to pour the batter to make the circular shape of this snack as we do in the jilebi making. The best part of this snack is that we can make it with minimum ingredients. I have used a coconut shell with a single hole to pour the batter to the oil, I am suggesting that for everyone who are not able to pour it with the hand and have to get a perfect shape.
- Maida – 1 small cup
- Egg – 3 nos
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1 pinch
- Oil – 1 cup
- Salt – a small pinch
- In a bowl, beat the eggs well with a fork or hand mixer. Then add sugar, cardamom powder and a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Then add maida little by little and mix well, until you get the flowing consistency, not too thin or too thick.
- Heat oil in a pan. Take a coconut shell with a hole or a funnel. Add the prepared batter to this by closing the hole with one finger.
- Bring it over the pan of the hot oil,remove the finger and pour it in circular motion (like jilebi). Fry both sides till done.
- Remove from oil. serve hot.