- Dates – 1 cup
- Nicely chopped coconut – 1/4 cup
- Nicely chopped cashew nuts – 1/4 cup
- Maida – 1/2 cup
- Rice flour – 1tbspn
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Salt – as needed
- Oil for deep frying
- Mash the pitted dates using hand. Add chopped coconut and cashew nuts and mix well until well combined.
- Make small lemon size balls from the date mixture and flatten them using the palm in the shape of small cutlets. Keep them aside.
- To make the batter, mix maida, rice flour and salt well. Add water and mix using a spoon or a whisk to get a thick consistency batter.
- Heat oil in a pan. When hot enough, dip the date patties in the batter and deep fry in the oil till golden colour on medium flame. Serve with hot tea.