This Chicken Flower Dumpling is a steamed dish. It resembles the shape of a flower as its name. Chicken and basmati rice are the main ingredients. It is served as a perfect starter and also as iftar snack. Previously we have seen an other dumpling on my website. But i am going to introduce a special steamed chicken dumpling covered with rice. I know it is not that common for many of us. But it is also a chinese recipe which we can find in every chinese restaurant appetizer menu. It is simply steamed rice with chicken but the appearance make it so special so does its taste too. Chicken flower dumplings are highly healthy as it steamed. I have tried it on our iftar days and everyone loved it because the lightness of this dish. Basmati rice and chicken are the main ingredient. The soaked basmati rice is coated on the chicken based balls and steamed to beautiful flower shaped dumplings. We can serve it with any sauce as your wish. Do try this dish at your home.
- Onion (chopped) – 1
- Basmati Rice soaked – 1/2 cup
- Chicken(small pieces) – 250gram
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tspn
- Salt – as required
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tspn
- coriander powder – 1/2 tspn
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tspn
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tspn
- Garam masala – 1/4 tspn
- Green chillies chopped – 2
- Potato – 1 (cooked & mashed)
- Mint leaves – 1 tbspn
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped – 2 tbspn
- Egg – half
- Lemon juice – 1 tspn
- Banana leaves – 1
- Soak Long Thin Basmati Rice for some hour.
- Cook chicken with the ingredients from 3 to 10 by adding little water on low flame. after that mash it well. Combine this with remaining ingredients except basmati rice.
- Dampen your palms and divide the chicken potato mixture into small equal portions shaped into balls. Coat them with the soaked basmati rice.
- Meanwhile heat sufficient water in a steamer and line the inside with banana leaf.
- Place the prepared dumplings on the banana leaf in the steamer, cover and steam for 10-15 minutes or till the chicken and rice is fully cooked.
- Serve hot with any sauce or dip as your wish.